WE’RE HIRING – do our latest vacancies tick your boxes?
We have one job role which need filling at Tidy Planet – field service engineer. Could his be the opportunity you’ve been searching for within the waste and recycling industry?
So, about us… In a nutshell, we’re leaders in the field of recycling and renewable energy innovation and solutions. We supply composting and Waste-to-Energy equipment to major national and global blue-chip organisations, helping them to streamline and optimise their organic waste management operations.
Some major orders and a very positive business outlook mean we’re looking to invest in an engineering team that’s capable of servicing our growing client needs – both in the UK and abroad.
Interested? Find out more about the positions we have available below…
VACANCY – Field service engineer (based in Macclesfield)
The field service engineer role will be based at our HQ in Macclesfield, but will work across the UK and occasionally abroad too. You’ll be responsible for the installation, commissioning and servicing of our technical equipment, including – generators, drying and dewatering systems, shredders, balers, bulk handling equipment, biomass and gas heat generation systems, In Vessel Composters and filtration systems.
Skills and qualifications requirements
– A background in engineering – with an electrical or mechanical bias plus practical electrical skills
– Experience working in a service or technical support role in any of the following environments – field service, maintenance, engineering, technical support, test and repair or installation
– Proven electrical fault-finding skills
– Automation experience and a basic understanding of PLC systems
– Ability to process documentation and apply for work and safety permits
– Training in relevant safety procedures and certification, where relevant
– Digital proficiency – confident with Microsoft Office applications
– Highly motivated
– Excellent communication skills
– Exemplary problem-solving skills
– Flexible working approach – prepared to work away from home
– Willingness to travel overseas when required.
Tasks and responsibilities
– Inspect and service a range of commercial-scale processing and energy-generation equipment including – generators, drying and dewatering systems, shredders, balers, bulk handling equipment, biomass and gas heat generation systems, In Vessel Composters and filtration systems
– Diagnose electrical faults
– Read electrical drawings
– Upgrade software and hardware
– Wire machinery to rectify any electrical issues.
If this role sound like it’s got your name on it, then we’d love to hear from you!
Please send your CV and cover letter to Julie@tidyplanet.co.uk.
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates @TidyPlanet